In September 2007 Pedre Contractors Ltd. was awarded Phase II of the Capilano Main No. 5. The new trunk water main runs from Cambie Street to Selkirk Street in Vancouver. The running line of the main went through the parking lot of BC Women’s and Children’s Hospital.
This multi-million dollar project consisted of the following:
- Installation and testing of 1829mm diameter, welded steel water main pipe.
- Installation and testing of 1 blow down chamber.
- Installation of 1 cast-in-place concrete line valve chamber and accessories.
- Major open cut road crossings of:
- Cambie Street
- Oak Street.
- Permanent relocation of various City of Vancouver mains.
- Restoration works associated with the above work.
- Ensuring all work was completed in a manner to minimize the impact on the environment and the public.