Douglas Road Main No. 2
In June 2006 Pedre Contractors Ltd. was awarded Stage I of the Douglas Road Main No. 2. The new trunk water main was installed on various streets in Burnaby.
This multi-million dollar project consisted of the following work:
- Installation and testing of 1524mm diameter, welded steel water main pipe.
- Installation and testing of 3 air valve chambers and 3 blow down chambers.
- Installation of 2 cast-in-place line valve chambers and accessories.
- Installation and testing of 200mm – 250mm water main.
- Major open cut road crossing of Lougheed Hwy. at Delta Avenue (see picture below).
- Restoration works associated with the above works.
- Ensuring all work was completed in a manner to minimize the impact on the environment and the public.